Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Position Classification: Senior Analyst
Remuneration: $1,941.41 - $2,261.89 per week.
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ199333
Where you'll be working
Northern Sydney’s vision is to be "leaders in healthcare, partners in community wellbeing". Our purpose is “embracing discovery and learning, building partnerships and engaging our community to deliver excellent health and wellbeing.”
What you'll be doing
The primary purpose of the Systems Administrator (Medical Oncology) role is to support and improve hardware and software in the Northern Sydney Cancer Centre (NSCC), including Medical Oncology, Palliative Care, Cancer Services, Clinical trials, and the Day Treatment Unit. The role also exists to provide staff training and to work with vendors, NSCC IT, Northern Sydney Local Health District Information and Communication Technology (NSLHD ICT) and other representatives for this purpose. The role plans for future IT requirements and work (scope, procure, implement, train in NSCC on new and current systems).
The Systems Administrator also provides specialist oncology information system and IM&T support to ensure the efficient, effective and timely information management and technology service is available in NSCC. The role will also contribute to the development, implementation and monitoring of the information technology within NSCC to ensure the service is positioned to meet the short and long term information technology needs, in accordance with agreed strategies, timetables, costs and resource allocations. The Systems Administrator will develop work plans and priorities in alignment with business objectives and outcomes in consultation with NSCC management team..
Candidates will need to meet the following critiera:
- Consistently demonstrates behaviours that reinforce the CORE Values of our organisation; Collaboration, Openness, Respect and Empowerment. Demonstrates these behaviours with all stakeholders; colleagues, direct reports, as well as our patients and consumers, and those that care for them.
- Tertiary qualifications in computing or a relevant discipline; or equivalent experience, and/or combination of work experience and qualification in a relevant field
- Demonstrated experience with hardware and software support/management for server, desktop and peripherals
- Demonstrated experience in providing technical support for end users and liaising with third party vendors
- Proven ability to work independently within an information sensitive environment and collaboratively as part of a team
- Experience in documenting server and network configurations and processes for users and as training tools
- Well-developed systematic approach to fault resolution and disaster recovery, with understanding of failover and back/restore procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work autonomously within a multi-disciplinary team.
Need more information?
2) Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Helen Wheeler on Helen.Wheeler1@health.nsw.gov.au or 02 9463 1187
Applications Close: 30 November 2020