Administration Assistant - College Reception
- 12 month fixed term
- Term-time + 2 weeks
- Commence Term 1, 2021
Established in 2003 MBBC is a P – 12 boys’ school set in the leafy bayside suburb of Manly West. It currently has 500 plus enrolments. At MBBC the Primary School encompasses Years Prep to 6 with Years 7 – 9 constituting Middle School and Years 10 – 12 comprising the Senior School.
The College strives to be a leading internationally minded school that offers its boys an innovative, broadly based educational experience. Our philosophy is built on the foundation of Christian values and aims to develop each boy’s critical thinking and individual abilities, equipping them with the skills necessary to be successful, productive and responsible global citizens. In brief, Moreton Bay Boys’ College strives to develop our boys into young men of faithful service, leadership and integrity, while at MBBC – and into the future.
Relationship with Moreton Bay College
An historic turning point in the College’s evolution occurred on July 1, 2011 when Moreton Bay Boys’ College (MBBC) and Moreton Bay College (MBC) became formal partners on the premise that “Together we are Stronger”. Governed by a joint Board and led by a single Executive Principal with each school retaining its single sex focus and its own personality and attributes, both schools have significant strengths to offer the other and together have a unique market leading proposition in private school education.
We work together to harness our expertise, resources, knowledge, facilities and business functions to best effect. MBBC places a strong emphasis on moral education, with our core values and care, Character, Engagement & Team work at its core. Accordingly, all employees are expected to model the same attributes of respect, care and courtesy for others in their dealings with each other and the College.
Moreton Bay Boys' College requires an Administration Assistant for College Reception for a 12 month fixed term to support the College community (Executive Principal, staff, students and parents) in the continued promotion of the philosophy of the College which is founded on the Mission Statement. All employees are expected to respect the confidentiality of the individual, and to treat all members of the College community with courtesy.
To develop young men who can lead and serve with faith and integrity.
- The Administration Assistant is appointed by the Executive Principal.
- The position will attract a salary as determined through discussion on appointment and will be reviewed by the Head of College.
- This position is responsible for the provision of administrative support to the Head of College, and staff in key areas as outlined below. This position requires personal and professional discretion, a sense of utmost confidentiality, loyalty and tact.
- This position reports directly to the PA to the Head of College.
- Perform the duties of College Receptionist, including taking messages, transferring calls
- Be the first face of the College. Greet visitors, handle inquiries. Ensure the College reception is a warm, welcoming place.
- Maintain the presentation standard of the College reception area.
- Be responsible for the admin email inbox of the College. Co-ordinate the flow of information both internally and with other organisations.
- Distribute incoming mail and other material.
- Organise outgoing mail and couriers.
- Manage the MBBC bus bookings and coordinate drivers.
- Assist with maintaining current student records, specifically change of address details and medical information.
- Provide cover and backup to the Administration Assistant – Student Reception with the administration of first aid to students where necessary. Keep all necessary records.
- Be responsible for overall maintenance of office equipment ie photocopier.
- Be responsible for office stationery items including printed stationery, as well as catering products. Source suppliers and prepare orders as required.
- Ensure stationery supply cupboard is kept tidy.
- Maintain the production room ensuring it is kept tidy.
- Liaise with the Facilities Hire Manager to ensure external hires are input onto the calendar.
- Process EFT payments for parents.
- Prepare tuckshop volunteer roster and coordinate.
- Support communication to families using the College App and Parent Lounge calendar.
- Assistance with the Celebration of Excellence event.
- Kitchen housekeeping, each afternoon load the dishwasher and wipe down the kitchen.
- Provide assistance/support as required/directed by the Senior Leadership Team.
Moreton Bay Boys’ College is committed to maintaining a healthy and safe work environment. Everyone must adhere to the Workplace Health and Safety Act 2011.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Conditions and Salary
- Hold or be eligible to hold a Positive Notice (Blue Card) for Child Related Employment from the Public Service Business Agency.
- Fixed term, Term-time + 2 weeks
- This is a fixed-term position, paid at a School Officer Level 3 Step 1 as per the Moreton Bay Boys’ College Enterprise Agreement.
- Sick Leave entitlement of pro-rata 10 days annually.
- Long Service Leave entitlement of 1.3 weeks for each year of service, which can be taken after 7 years.
- The College contributes superannuation as per the Moreton Bay Boys’ College Enterprise Agreement.
Suitable applicants should apply by clicking apply now and submitting an application that clearly provides detail about each of the following:
- A statement of reasons why you are applying for this position;
Applications close 12 am Tuesday, 1 December 2020
Please note :
- A current CV that clearly details experience, particularly in relation to the above skills and abilities;
- Any additional information you may wish to submit; and
- The names and contact details of two professional referees.
All applicants must declare
- any pre-existing injuries or medical conditions that would prevent you from performing this job;
- any convictions of any criminal offences;
- that all information supplied is accurate and complete;
Please note: only those applicants shortlisted will be contacted after the closing date.
Employment Collection Notice for Moreton Bay Boys’ College
In applying for this position you will be providing Moreton Bay Boys’ College with personal information. We can be contacted at PO Box 80, Wynnum Qld 4178; email@example.com; phone (07) 3906 9444.
If you provide us with personal information, for example, your name and address or information contained on your resume, we will collect the information in order to assess your application for employment. We may keep this information on file if your application is unsuccessful in case another position becomes available.