AM Supervisor - Tullamarine Depot
AM Supervisor - Tullamarine Depot, VIC
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: VIC - Metro
Australia Post Group (including Australia Post, StarTrack, Decipha & Securepay) is one of the most trusted brands in Australia. Employing over 30,000 people across our integrated delivery, logistics and e-Commerce network – we love delivering! Through our huge range of services, we help communities stay connected, businesses reach new customers and people stay in touch. We’re committed to helping our people, customers and communities build a better future.
This is a critical leadership role for driven individuals who have proven experience and success in leading a team. The role is responsible for leading a team of AM Shift Freight Handlers and requires an individual with the drive and desire to engage a skilful and experienced team of people, to achieve operational targets.
- Lead, support, and ensure compliance of the WHS management system to meet safety KPI’s and build a ‘mindfulness safety’ culture.
- Enable and deliver effective communications to employees (Toolbox talks, Team meetings)
- Assist in leading change initiatives and operational efficiency programs and ensure
consistent, clear communication to support the change programs
- Manage team member and team performance to ensure achievement of business
objectives, in line with operations process standards
- Select and induct new team members and coach existing team members for success
- Manage rosters to ensure appropriate staffing levels, sick leave, overtime and leave liability
levels are within the parameters of the Daily Operating Plan
- Review and implement delivery improvement plans associated with work schedules, route
plans, driver efficiency and development plans
What you’ll need:
- Manage, review and approve T&A Kronos
- Experience and success in meeting Workplace Health and Safety standards
- Experience in managing and improving the performance of people
- Experience in resolving conflict and difficult work situations
- Experience in managing and measuring costs and service
- Proven success in team leadership and achievement of operational KPI’s
- Knowledge of internal HR and WHS policies and procedures relating to the role e.g. manual handling, CoR
Together, our differences make us stronger.
With a reach across Australia and beyond, we’re building a workforce that’s as diverse as the communities we serve. Learn more about how we're supporting inclusion at Australia Post, here . If you require adjustments at any stage of the recruitment process, please reach out to the Talent Acquisition Diversity Team at email@example.com .
Australia Post welcomes applications from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islanders. Check out this short video to find out how we acknowledge and pay our respects to the Traditional Custodians of the land we operate on.
Don't delay your application, please apply today. Looking forward to hearing from you!
20 Nov 2020 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
27 Nov 2020 AUS Eastern Daylight Time