Reception - Customer Service Officer - 057
- We require 1 x Perm Part Time in Wodonga, 1 x Perm Part Time Wangaratta and many Casuals to join our team
- Based in Wodonga and/or Wangaratta
- You will need experience in health care reception/administration role.
Using high level organisational skills you'll have the capacity to take initiative, follow instructions and demonstrate the ability to manage periods of high demand effectively and efficiently.
Using your excellent communication skills you are able to use sensitivity when dealing with issues related to the provision of services in a community of cultural diversity.
Applications close 5pm, December 6th 2020
Gateway Health is an innovative and supportive Community Health Service with offices in Wodonga, Wangaratta and Myrtleford. The organisation delivers a broad range of primary health services. We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled individual to join our organisation in the following position:
Casual - Ongoing (Wodonga and/or Wangaratta)
The Reception staff provide a critically important first point of contact and welcome to the communities wishing to access a broad range of medical and primary health services. It is also to provide a range of support services to all staff, clinicians and practitioners across the whole organisation.
For further information on this position please contact Paul Bennett - Access and Engagement Service Manager on (02) 6022 8888 then choose option 2
View the position description here
To submit your application please email
- Please include your name and the job title in the subject line.
All Your attachments MUST BE PDF.
- Your attachments include your:
- Cover Letter – please include 2 contactable referees
- Address to Selection Criteria
- Employment Application Disclosure Form.
Applications close 5pm December 6th 2020
Reporting to Team Leader, Reception and Customer Relations
Direct Report/s Nil
Budgetary Responsibilities Nil
Liaises with Internally
Allied Health providers
Liaises with Externally
Members of the public
Other services providers
Code of Conduct
Employees are expected to, at all times:
- Maintain a high professional standard and work with
- Develop a collaborative working relationship
- Communicate with respect and tolerance
- Adopt a Continuous Quality Improvement approach
The Receptionist staff provide a critically important first
point of contact and welcome to the communities wishing to
access a broad range of medical and primary health
services. It is also to provide a range of support services
to all staff, clinicians and practitioners across the whole
Receptionist and Office Support
Gateway Health is a not-for-profit Company limited by guarantee and a registered
Community Health Service under the Health Services Act 1988 (Vic).
The Board of Governance provides strategic planning for Gateway Health. The Board
consists of 9 elected members.
The Board has delegated the operational management of the Agency to the Chief Executive
Executive staff are accountable to the Chief Executive Officer and provide direction, support
and leadership to staff.
The Executive comprises;
- General Manager Client Services
- General Manager Clinical Services
Program Managers provide immediate support and management within their program areas.
There are nine clinical and client program areas.
Corporate services are delivered through five key areas (Finance, Payroll, Information
Communications Technology, Human Resources and Quality & Safety).
Review of Position Descriptions:
This position description will be reviewed annually (June 30 each year), when the position
becomes vacant or as deemed necessary.
Receptionist and Office Support
Qualifications & Conditions:
Applicants MUST address the Selection Criteria below when completing an
Essential: 1. 2-3 Years clerical/administrative experience required
2. Excellent organisational skills and the capacity to take initiative,
to follow instructions and demonstrated ability to manage
periods of high demand effectively and efficiently.
3. Experience in health care reception/administration role.
4. Effective communication skills (both written and verbal) in
dealing with clients, contractors, patients, visitors, staff etc
5. Demonstrated ability in IT systems including Microsoft Office
(Outlook, Word/typing skills) and client management systems ie.
6. Willingness to learn new systems and processes and embrace
7. Ability to work co-operatively within a multidisciplinary
8. Sensitivity to issues related to the provision of services in a
community of cultural diversity.
9. Acceptance and a non-judgmental attitude with respect for
10. High level of accuracy and detail with regard to data entry,
scanning and other client information.
Salary & Conditions:
- Clerical Worker Grade A Y1-5 dependant on experience
- Ability to work a variety of hours within a rotating roster system
between the hours of 8am and 6pm
- Salary packaging as per company policy
- 6 month probationary period
- Victorian Stand-Alone Community Health Services (Health &
Allied Services, Managers and Administrative Officers)
MultipleEnterprise Agreement 2011-2015
Receptionist and Office Support
1. PERSONAL & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Demonstrated experience and understanding of the need for continuation of both personal & professional
- Continually develop both personally and professionally to meet the changing needs of
your position, career and organisation.
- Have a sound knowledge of relevant organisational policies and procedures as well as
program work practices.
- Attend all relevant training sessions provided by the organisation and be actively involved
in other training and development as required.
2. COMMUNICATIONS & ORGANISATION CULTURE
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including demonstrated experience in liaising with a wide range
of internal and external clients.
- Actively participate in the organisation’s Performance Management System.
- Act in a professional manner at all times when dealing with internal & external clients.
- Positively promote the organisation both internally & externally.
- Be prompt and provide courteous service to clients, colleagues and the broader
- Maintain confidentiality on all issues relating to the organisation, the clients & fellow
- Treat all clients with respect whilst being responsive to their needs.
3. ADMINISTRATION & DOCUMENTATION
Through the use of the organisational processes ensure that all administration and documentation requirements
are initiated and completed in a professional and timely manner.
- Observe and comply with the organisation’s code of conduct.
- Ensure the development, implementation and maintenance of policies, procedures and
work practices that support the efficient operation of the organisation.
- Ensure that all documentation is accurate and completed in a professional and timely
- Input statistical data using relevant data bases to meet agreed timelines.
4. TECHNICAL SKILLS & APPLICATION.
Demonstrated knowledge and application of the skills required for this position. This includes knowledge and
understanding of appropriate equipment, legislation, policies and procedures.
- Comply with OH& S and other relevant legislation.
- Perform all aspects of receptionist duties to current and potential clients, service
providers and staff, using personal, telephone and electronic methods
- Ability to priotrise work where there are frequent and varied demands
- Ability to self manage and take account tability for own work.
- Manage client appointments for medical and allied health clinics using appropriate
software and undertake Allied Health registrations
Receptionist and Office Support
- Maintain electronic database and billing systems for medical clients (ZedMed &
- Provide specific administration support for medical & allied health clinics for referrals,
pathology collection, results processing
- Maintain clinic room requirements such as stores and fridges.
- Perform client-related manual and electronic tasks using centralised databases including
- Participate in processing client referrals including registration, file creation and allocation
to relevant worker.
- Maintain the manual client health record system including retrieval process for staff,
regular archive and disposal processes
- Perform a range of administrative tasks including document production, photocopying,
faxing and filing.
5. TEAMWORK & COMMUNICATION
Demonstrated ability to lead and develop a diverse team or participate as an active member of a team, consistent
with the philosophy and policies of the Organisation.
- Arrange the daily mail dispatch, collection and distribution
- Be aware of, and practice according to, the organisation’s objectives and values.
- Demonstrate the ability to work positively within the medical reception team to achieve
agreed program goals.
- Work harmoniously with other team members to ensure that a quality service is provided
to our clients.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills (both verbal & written) in dealing with clients,
visitors, staff, etc.
6. CONTINUOUS QUALITY IMPROVEMENT
Commitment to ensuring quality services are delivered to both internal & external clients through continuous
- Work towards integrated service delivery across the agency
- Actively contribute to quality improvement initiatives and other program activities to meet
the standards set by the Quality Improvement Council.
- Demonstrate ability to use initiative and skills in planning and prioritising daily activities.
- Demonstrated understanding of all relevant external legislation and internal policies and
procedures that relate to this role and the organisation.