Portfolio Manager, Medical
Spirit to Win
When was the last time you experienced the impact of your work?
We are looking for a Portfolio Manager, Medical based in our Sydney office. In this role, you will work closely with several key stakeholders to drive and implement the vision, strategy, development and growth of a Medical & other Allied Health portfolio of competitive, reputable and financially viable print and digital products across the region.
How can you make an Impact?
In this role, you will maintain/grow the portfolio in alignment with business priorities and manage the product development process for timely product releases, employing principles of product lifecycle management with new editions and versions, and acquisition of new product lines, if required.
Your contribution to the team includes:
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Build and execute on the local portfolio program and strategy through market knowledge and effective product lifecycle management.
- Produce agreed upon portfolio roadmaps that outlines the short, mid- and long- term portfolio vision and priorities, and maintain visibility throughout the business.
- Produce program budgets and maintain scheduling for reliable and real time business data and transparency.
- Accountable for financial revenue and profitability of the product portfolio and collaborate with sales and marketing to meet or exceed.
- Strong budget management skills, managing developmental costs by working closely within established product specifications, as stated in the costing documents.
- Support the sales team by keeping publishing information updated across the different internal project management tools.
- Effective partnerships across the region or globally to co-collaborate on development and leverage content development efficiencies and best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree educational qualification; postgraduate qualifications desirable
- At least 3 years’ experience in publishing or Health education industry with a focus on content development and/or instructional design
- An entrepreneurial mindset and the ability to identify sound publishing opportunities
- Financial acumen and experience in developing business plan
- Creative problem-solving and a solutions-focused mindset
- Data-driven mindset underpinned by strong research and analytical skills
- Outstanding communication and relationship building skills
- Willingness to acquire, develop and implement medical market knowledge
As an education innovation company, we're proud to play our part by inspiring learners around the world. If you bring your curiosity, we'll help you grow in a collaborative environment where everyone shares a passion for success.
Are you ready for a new challenge? Apply for a career at McGraw Hill and together, we'll impact the world.