Student Services K-10
Permanent Part Time Administration Support Position
Your new company
Based in the Northern Suburbs, Dominic College is a co-educational Catholic School which provides outstanding educational opportunities for students from Kindergarten to Year 10. With close to 1000 students, the College prides itself on providing a high level of teaching and learning opportunities to all of their students. Dominic College are looking for a highly capable and Administrative Assistant to join their team and support the staff and students of the College.
Dominic continues to focus on the education of its students within a learning and faith community and values opportunities to celebrate student achievement and success
Your new role
You will report primarily to Chief Financial and Operation Officer, under the direct supervision of the Finance and Administration Manager. Within this position you will provide support across customer service, administration, finance and first aid. As the first point of contact for the school, delivering reception, administration and office support services, you will provide excellent customer service to students, family members and staff. As the first point of contact for the school you will be required to
What you'll need to succeed
- Resolve routine enquires and redirect where needed
- Defuse moments of customer conflict or hostility
- Communicate clearly and concisely
- Respect and protect the privacy and confidentiality of staff, students and families
- Promote a positive image of the school
- Ensure the cleanliness of the office and reception space
- Provide first aid assistance as required
- Prepare routine correspondence
- Undertake record management and archiving
- Coordinate meetings and appointments
- Record meeting minutes as requested.
- Process financial transactions including petty cash, requisitions, invoicing and receipting.
- Diary management
- School database portal updates.
To be successful in this position, you will have demonstrated experience in a similar administration support position, with a variety of functions. You will be adaptable, show initiative, have the ability to think ahead, have excellent time management skills, and be able to work well under pressure. You will also be accepting of the School Values and Ethos.
In addition you will have:
- Experience working in an administrative support position
- Excellent computer skills across a range of computer software, including but not limited to the Microsoft office suite. And the ability to learn the in-house system quickly.
- High-level communication skills (written and verbal), excellent time management and organisational skills
- Demonstrated experience across a broad range of administration tasks including administration, executive support and general finance.
- Demonstrated professional integrity, whilst also always upholding a high level of confidentiality, discretion and judgement
- Strong problem-solving skills
You will be required to obtain a valid Working with Vulnerable People Registration, and a National Police Criminal History Check prior to commencing in the role
What you'll get in return
The position offers the opportunity to give back to the community and to play a key role in ensuring educational outcomes to students. You will be rewarded for your passion, experience and skills with an attractive salary, onsite parking. Dominic College encourage the further development of corporate support skills.
What you need to do now
To obtain a copy of the position description please email firstname.lastname@example.org, application close at 5pm, on Monday the 30th of November 2020. All applications must include a cover letter. Should you have any specific questions to this role, please call Stuart Clark - Section Manager on 03 6234 9554.