Permanent role with prestigious mining giant - Contracts & Category management
This global mining giant is seeking a Category and Contracts Specialist to join them on a full-time permanent basis. This is a strategic role which will require you to assist with the strategy for a variety of project and operational packages. You will work closely with key stakeholders to ensure optimal selection of contractors and to manage the delivery of outcomes to support the company’s contract requirements.
- Act as the subject matter expert and primary contact for commercial/contract matters.
- Provide advice to the contract owners on contract strategy, pre-qualification, tendering and administration and close out of contracts, in accordance with established policies.
- Review and manage contractor performance in compliance with the contract, and assist with compliance with operational requirements.
- Ensure procurement and contracting policies are adhered to, business deadlines are met, whilst conforming to best practice.
- Recommend Contracting Strategies and conduct negotiations for contracts. Simultaneously manage contracts of operational and strategic impact and complexity which exceeds that of standard.
- Maintain close liaison with appropriate members of Engineering and Project Management functions, functional advisors and other company groups.
- Optimise cost/value of the Contract with minimal risks to Company, and at all times in accordance with Company's Supply Chain Policy and Management Standards
- Lead tender activities including the sourcing of contractors, drafting of commercial documents, issue of tender documentation, witnessing of tender opening, disseminate to applicable personnel for technical evaluation, carry out commercial and legal evaluation, with functional input, where required.
- Carry out negotiations with contractors to secure the preferred outcomes, based on the best overall value to the Company.
- Prepare and execute contract documents, including the preparation of internal approval documentation, as required.
- Assist the functions with the identification and management of contractual risk including of complex and multiple, tasks and activities within tight timeframes, while ensuring that the risks to the company are recognised and managed appropriately.
Essential selection criteria:
- Extensive knowledge of contracting principles, theories and concepts.
- Strong contract formation & negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of and experience with various types of contracts, construction or legal disciplines, with extensive experience with engineering, or project contracts.
- Strong contractor management and contracts administration knowledge and experience.
- Tertiary degree qualification or similar in an appropriate field.
They are offering a fantastic working environment and genuine work life balance. The salary on offer ranges from $130k - $140k + super + bonus. The client is committed to providing a diverse work environment, are an equal opportunities employer and as such they encourage applications from women and indigenous people. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.